LISTSERV Archives

TECH-DISCUSS Home

TECH-DISCUSS  November 2009

TECH-DISCUSS November 2009

Re: Cell phones...

Michael Fraase <[log in to unmask]>

Technical Discussions List <[log in to unmask]>

Mon, 9 Nov 2009 09:09:11 -0600

text/plain

I gave up on smartphones when Qwest (yeah, I know *Qwest*) got out of
the business. For US$60 per month I got 1700 voice minutes and
unlimited data with tethering. The phone was an HTC running WinMo.

Until one of the providers offers either an iPhone or Droid with
unlimited voice and data with tethering for US$50 per month, I'll wait.

I think the iPhone still has the edge but only by less than a hair. If
I were betting, I'd bet on Android. I've not heard anyone say that
they actually like the closed trunk of the iPhone and app store.

--
Michael Fraase, partner
ARTS & FARCES LLC