ANNOUNCE January 2010

Beta test: webmail interface

Mike Horwath <[log in to unmask]>

Thu, 28 Jan 2010 17:29:32 -0600

text/plain

Beta Period: Jan 28th, 2010 through Feb 8th, 2010 (minimum)

The beta test begins today (Thursday, 1/28/2010) and lasting until a
week from Monday (2/8/2010).

This transition will be from Squirrelmail to Roundcube.  Both are
open-source software projects with very slight modifications by us (in
the case of Roundcube - just updates for web browser display issues).

Please send us feedback!  Tell us what you like, what you don't like.

If you encounter a problem, we'd love to hear what steps to take to
reproduce it; and include a screen-shot if you can.

You can either reply to this message to send us feedback (this will go
back to the address of [log in to unmask]) or if you would rather
send a message directly - send it to [log in to unmask] as this
will reach persons responsible directly.

The current address book entries from Squirrelmail have been
translated over to the new system as of this afternoon.  (Thank you
for the extra work, Mr. Rau!)

When the beta period is over, I'll send out another announcement for
the date of cutover.  When we do cut over (and this all depends on how
the beta test goes and what we find or what gets reported by you), the
current address book entries will be *wiped* and we will translate
them from Squirrelmail to Roundcube one final time.

The old webmail system will be decommissioned as part of this cutover,
but a new DNS name will be chosen and configured so that customers can
reach the old system for a short period of time just in case.

Now for the URL...

    https://webmailrc.iphouse.com/

This URL will work throughout the beta period and will work for a
short period after cutover, then will be removed, so do be careful
with bookmarking this address permanently.

Support can be reached Monday thru Friday from 8:00am until 8:00pm via
phone at 612-337-6340, or via email at [log in to unmask]

--
Mike Horwath      ipHouse - Welcome home!       [log in to unmask]
        The universe is an island, surrounded by whatever it is