]

Font:

LISTSERV Archives

ANNOUNCE Home

ANNOUNCE  January 2011

ANNOUNCE January 2011

ipHouse Calendar of Sponsored Events for January, 2011

ipHouse Announce <[log in to unmask]>

Wed, 5 Jan 2011 17:49:11 -0600

text/plain

Events in January, 2011, attended or sponsored by ipHouse.

January 6th and ongoing:

As you know by now, we at ipHouse like to support the creative spirit
in our community and sometimes the creative spirit gets kinda goofy,
as shown in the clothesline racing results!

Fun was had by most and there are photos to prove it!

    http://www.tcmaker.org/blog/2011/01/clothes-line-racing-2010/

Upcoming at the Hack Factory is Nick Bauman, who will be demonstrating
the basics of plasma cutting.  Nick is presenting on January 6th, at
7:00 pm.  http://www.tcmaker.org/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=1041

If that's too short of notice, there are weekly gatherings on
Wednesdays at the Hack Factory that are open to everyone. Currently
they are informal gatherings where we talk geek, show off our
accomplishments and hang out.

If you are coming by to check out the space feel free to bring what
you have been working on lately, we are a curious bunch and would like
to see your stuff.

For more about the TC Maker / Hack Factory group, visit their site:

    http://www.tcmaker.org/

-----

January 13th:

The MinneDemo season is just starting up!  Come and join us to see the
latest demos from the Twin Cities tech community.

MinneDemo is for real, working technology products made in Minnesota.
Demos are 7 minutes long and PowerPoint IS NOT ALLOWED. Some have
described it as geek show and tell. Come and see for yourself.

The next MinneDemo is on Thursday, January 13, 2011 at 6:00 PM at:

University of St. Thomas
Schulze Hall
1100 LaSalle Avenue
Minneapolis, MN

Registration is filling fast, visit http://minnedemo.eventbrite.com/
to sign up.

----

January 22nd:

As usual, the Roller Girls will be gnashing their skates on January 22
for the Championship bout!  Join us at the legendary Roy Wilkins
auditorium to see some spectacular derby action.  Learn more about the
Roller Girls at http://www.mnrollergirls.com/ and come find us in
Section 208!

-----
January 26th:

We've excited to attend the welcoming party for the new President of
the MHTA, Margaret Anderson Kelliher.  The party is on January 26,
2010 from 4:00 pm to 6:30pm.  This event is free to attend - please
RSVP by January 25th:

    http://s.iphouse.com/2g3kdm

Dorsey & Whitney is located at:
50 S 6th St #1500
Minneapolis MN 55401

Come hob nob with the new President!

-----

Lastly, we're looking for a guest blogger for January and/or February.
If you've got a topic and want to spout off, please contact us at
[log in to unmask] via email.

--
ipHouse Announcements
331 2nd Ave S, Suite 540, Minneapolis, MN 55401  F: 612-337-6337