]

Font:

LISTSERV Archives

ANNOUNCE Home

ANNOUNCE  April 2012

ANNOUNCE April 2012

Reminder: Changes to the ipHouse authentication database

Mike Horwath <[log in to unmask]>

Mon, 9 Apr 2012 21:22:58 -0500

text/plain

This is a reminder message about our scheduled outage tomorrow, late
evening, that may affect your services with ipHouse.

The original message was sent on April 3rd, 2012.

Date/time of scheduled work:

   Begin: Tuesday night beginning at 11:59pm April 10th, 2012
   End: Wednesday morning by 3:00am April 11th, 2012

Services affected:

   All services that are using our backend MySQL authentication
   system:

     all email services requiring authentication (POP, IMAP, SMTP)
     ipMom service interface
     webhost.iphouse.com service interface
     DSL and dialup authentication

     This does not affect our webhosting platform (except the system
     listed above) nor the MySQL database services already in use by
     our webhosting customers.

Reason for maintenance:

   The time has come to change our systems from a single master,
   multiple replicated slaves, to a MySQL Cluster configuration.

   This will offer higher resiliency to failures while also doubling
   the amount of data replication in the case of a failure.

   Peformance should be unchanged.

While this reconfiguration is being done, all email services will be
offline, webhost.iphouse.com will be non-funcitonal, ipMom will be
offline, and RADIUS (DSL and dialup) authentication will be
non-functional.

Support can be reached Monday thru Friday from 8:00am until 6:00pm via
phone at 612-337-6340, or via email at [log in to unmask]

--
Mike Horwath      ipHouse - Welcome home!       [log in to unmask]
        The universe is an island, surrounded by whatever it is