I will be rebooting c7200-1.bdr.mpls.iphouse.net - this router is for
our T1 customers connecting into our network, and is also used for the
termination of the legacy Goldengate single machine colocation
services.

According to logs, the router memory became fragmented at ~6:00am
causing an error log to be generated on the router, though this did
not generate a problem for the router right away.

Cisco IOS does not handle memory fragmentation very well.  Actually,
it doesn't handle it at all.  When memory becomes overly fragmented,
and the router needs to allocate a chunk of memory larger than the
largest block of unfragmented memory, a warning is generated in the
logs and that process on the router is denied.

First was a bounce of the BGP processes on the router, and later, we
stopped routing to customers who are terminated on this router.

First indidication of real problems was 7:23AM.

I will be rebooting the router at 8:34AM, the outage caused by the
reboot will be approximately 3-5 minutes.

I apologize for the issue this has caused.

Support can be reached Monday thru Friday from 8:00am until 8:00pm,
Saturdays from 11:00am until 4:00pm via phone at 612-337-6340, or via
email at [log in to unmask]

--
Mike Horwath                                    [log in to unmask]
                         ipHouse - Welcome home!