This afternoon, the BGP (border gateway protocol) session with Qwest
(for qwest.net) went down, according to the logs, 4 times.

This has caused some routing issues out on the Internet while things
reconverge and start using the MCI/UUNET connection.

>From looking at the different 'looking glass' or 'route view' systems,
these issues should abate very soon.  The longest hold timer I found
was 22 minutes - and this was almost 10 minutes ago.

Sites that look to be down are Google, parts of CNN, and some of the
interior Apple websites - these sites are handled by external parties
for much of their content delivery and it is that which is causing us
grief right now.

The # of sites that seem to be down is random and changing with more
and more sites coming back online, the sites I listed above were the
first ones reported to me to investigate.

Support can be reached Monday thru Friday from 8:00am until 8:00pm,
Saturdays from 11:00am until 4:00pm via phone at 612-337-6340, or via
email at [log in to unmask]

--
Mike Horwath                                    [log in to unmask]
                         ipHouse - Welcome home!