This is a possible reason for outage (RFO), it is not definitive, it
just seems to be too much coicidence.

I have received a couple of emails from people who may have found the
item that was causing the problems with the 2 Microsoft web servers I
had to rebuild on Friday night/Saturday morning.

We use TrendMicro as our antivirus solution on all of our Microsoft
systems (workstations or servers).

There was a release of a pattern definition that was causing problems,
announced by TrendMicro on 4/22/2005.

http://kb.trendmicro.com/solutions/search/main/search/solutionDetail.asp?solutionId=24263

And this sounds exactly like what my problem was with this system.

I am happy that it only affected 2 of our Microsoft systems and not
all of them, while at the same time, I am unhappy that this occured at
all.

I hope this was the problem.  The Microsoft servers at ipHouse are now
running a later revision of the pattern definition and should not trip
this bug ID again.

Support can be reached Monday thru Friday from 8:00am until 8:00pm,
Saturdays from 11:00am until 4:00pm via phone at 612-337-6340, or via
email at [log in to unmask]

--
Mike Horwath                                    [log in to unmask]
                         ipHouse - Welcome home!