The reboot did *not* help.  I should not say that, the reboot has not
fixed all of the issues we had been seeing.

We have brought our backup router blade online and switched the
customer over to this blade to see if we can rule out a hardware issue
with the physical router card.  This caused another outage that lasted
approximately 30 seconds.

So far we aren't seeing any vast improvements on this other router
blade either.

We are working on it, and customers connected via this DS3
(approximately 800 customers) could see more outages as the night
progresses while we work on this issue.

The problems we are having reported to us:

	packet loss - packets are not always passing through to the
	end users router.  The packet loss is very minimal, but this
	can affect many things regardless.

	slower than normal (or extremely slow) connectivity.

In my testing, I am seeing random bouts of increased latency.

The ATM DS3 that carries the traffic is *not* overburdened at all.

Traffic on the router blade itself is not out of sync with what we
would normally see, the traffic pattern is very normal.

But we are not going to rule out anything.

If we can not resolve this tonight, we will swap out the hardware
completely and move to another platform late tomorrow morning and
announcements will be made prior to this happening.

I apologize for the continuing issues.

Support can be reached Monday thru Friday from 8:00am until 8:00pm,
Saturdays from 11:00am until 4:00pm via phone at 612-337-6340, or via
email at [log in to unmask]

--
Mike Horwath                                    [log in to unmask]
                         ipHouse - Welcome home!