This morning, at 1:58am, the router that handles our Qwest OC12c
rebooted unexpectedly.

The router was back online and routing traffic at 2:01am.

The router reported:  Router rebooted. Cause unknown....

Which is not very helpful at all.

Going through the logs, I can not find anything amiss that would have
caused this router to reboot.

Looking at the logs for the previous 24 hours also does not show any
errors.

I will be reviewing patch updates for the operating system.

During this reboot, 1/2 of our total Internet connectivity was down
and was back online ~3 minutes later, though routing needed to
reconverge causing probably another minute of reduced connectivity.

Support can be reached Monday thru Friday from 8:00am until 8:00pm,
Saturdays from 11:00am until 4:00pm via phone at 612-337-6340, or via
email at [log in to unmask]

--
Mike Horwath                                    [log in to unmask]
                         ipHouse - Welcome home!