MCI/UUNET is claiming power outages in one of their Minneapolis point
of presence according to a technician at MCI/UUNET.

Seems very odd to us at the moment, but that is all we have so far.

This is causing a major outage in Minneapolis, but it is not affecting
all MCI/UUNET customers as MCI/UUNET has multiple POPs in downtown
Minneapolis.

We are, for sure, seeing this outage.

Our monitoring system had paged earlier for high latency but when
looked into, nothing seemed out of wack.

The system paged again 40 minutes later with the same problem, and
again, things did not seem in a bad state.

The monitoring system then decided that the service was flapping
(going up and down) and stopped paging us :(

I am sorry for the outage, and I'll be reviewing the monitoring system
to tune this issue with flap notifications.

Support can be reached Monday thru Friday from 8:00am until 8:00pm,
Saturdays from 11:00am until 4:00pm via phone at 612-337-6340, or via
email at [log in to unmask]

--
Mike Horwath                                    [log in to unmask]
                         ipHouse - Welcome home!