Our mail cluster had a failure of a POP/IMAP server this morning.  No
one is in the office yet to determine what the problem is, though.

Normally this would not affect anyone using ipHouse email services,
but the server that went down is the one that is set up to handle
legacy email services for the DNS name of pop.pro-ns.net.

ipHouse uses full email address for authentication for all email
services.  During a transition period, we set up a server that can
handle services for legacy 'username' only authentication for a
specific domain.  In this case, the domain was pro-ns.net.

Since the acquisition of Pro-ns in May 2005, we have sent out
notifications to users that the DNS settings for email on the ipHouse
network are:

	pop3:		pop.iphouse.com
	imap:		imap.iphouse.com
	smtp:		smtp.iphouse.com

This machine that crashed was set up to allow transition of the users
of Pro-ns onto our network.  Service was offline approximately 17
minutes.  By reviewing the logs, this did affect customers who have
not transitioned to the DNS settings as listed above.

Service was restored by reconfiguring another machine with the legacy
server settings required to like a transition server for Pro-ns.

Support can be reached Monday thru Friday from 8:00am until 8:00pm,
Saturdays from 11:00am until 4:00pm via phone at 612-337-6340, or via
email at [log in to unmask]

--
Mike Horwath                                    [log in to unmask]
                         ipHouse - Welcome home!