There was an outage today because of a dDoS to one of our connected
multi-tenant buildings this afternoon.

First sign of outage was 2:28PM CDT, recovery was at 2:41PM CDT for a
total of 13 minutes of unscheduled service interruption.

>From the moment we were notified (2:31PM CDT) until resolution, we
were trying to get onto the router in question to determine what was
going on, but by the time the router was responsive enough to allow us
in to start looking around the dDoS was over.

>From notification to trying to get onto the router was under 2
minutes including cabling up the serial console port.

Since the attack was over before we could get into the router enough
to determine what was going on, the destination is unknown.  All we do
know was that it was destined for one of the multi-tenant buildings we
supply connectivity to.  (in this case, 4 T1s)

Total measured bandwidth inbound to the router was almost 80Mbps.  The
router was doing its best to push that down 6Mbps of total bandwidth
towards the multi-tenant building.

This router houses many legacy colocated customers, and all of our T1
customers.

Support can be reached Monday thru Friday from 8:00am until 8:00pm,
Saturdays from 11:00am until 4:00pm via phone at 612-337-6340, or via
email at [log in to unmask]

--
Mike Horwath                                    [log in to unmask]
                         ipHouse - Welcome home!