Looks like a 2 part problem, possibly.

First, hardware - no idea what was going on, but after reseating the
hardware, things started working for a moment, then stopped again.

The system card that controls the different interfaces (gigabit
ethernet, OC12c) would not come fully online and needed to be
reseated a second time.

Once complete things were still not back online.  Issuing the commands
to bring the card back online were failing as well.

A router reboot was required and completed without hiccup.

Looking through the logs brings us to the second possible problem - an
issue with software.

I am upgrading the operating system on this router right this minute
and when complete, the router should come back online and things
should then be stabilzed.

If, after a couple of days, things are still looking good, I'll
upgrade the other router as well to this release.

I am sorry for the issues going on with the routers and the routing
problems.

The other routers on our network should detect a failed router and
continue routing to our other core but this is not occuring as it has
been designed and we will need to do some investigation, and possibly,
some redesign/redeployment of gear in the near future.  Furether
announcements will be sent at that time.

At this time, the router is online and we are passing traffic.

Support can be reached Monday thru Friday from 8:00am until 8:00pm,
Saturdays from 11:00am until 4:00pm via phone at 612-337-6340, or via
email at [log in to unmask]

--
Mike Horwath                                    [log in to unmask]
                         ipHouse - Welcome home!