Today and into this evening, I will be patching and restarting the
majority of our servers to address multiple vulnerabilities with
OpenSSL and the cryptography libraries.

I am sending this short notice announcement and have alredy started
the work because I feel these patches are important for multiple
reasons.

Reference URLs:

	http://security.freebsd.org/advisories/FreeBSD-SA-06:23.openssl.asc
	http://www.frsirt.com/english/advisories/2006/3823
	http://www.openssl.org/news/secadv_20060928.txt

Most of this work will *not* affect customer services, including email
sending and receiving, webhosting, network connectivity (web browsing
and the like).

There are a few machines that are part of our authentication cluster
infrastructure that *may* cause small hiccups in service for users
logging into our modems, DSL routers, and email services.  These will
be minimized because of said clustered architecture but not everything
can be foreseen.

I apologize for the short notice and wish everyone a very happy
weekend.

Support can be reached Monday thru Friday from 8:00am until 8:00pm,
Saturdays from 11:00am until 4:00pm via phone at 612-337-6340, or via
email at [log in to unmask]

--
Mike Horwath                                    [log in to unmask]
                         ipHouse - Welcome home!