The building has scheduled maintenance later tonight on the A leg of
power from the D/C power plant.

A customer in the building, do not know who, or where, allegedly blew
the power on both the A and B legs of the D/C (direct current) power
plant that services the fiber MUX gear handling:

	OC12c connection to Qwest's qwest.net backbone
	DS3 connections to Qwest ATM network for DSL
	DS3 connections to Qwest handling PtP T1 connections
	DS3 connections to Qwest ATM network for Frame-Relay T1

Because of the pending maintenance the building had scheduled, an
electrician is already on-site and work at finding the break in the
power has already begun.

I have been in contact with the building and a fuse (D/C power still
uses fuses) has been replaced in one spot, but another needs to be
replaced as well.

I do not have an ETA for service availability but, as I said, I am in
contact with the building.

The MUX itself is fully redundant with power and fiber from Qwest, and
using both the A and B legs for power should have offered the power
redundancy required for this gear.

How both legs went down because of one 'something' just should not
occur.

ipHouse uses A/C (like what you have at home, just a lot more of it),
while many telephone companies (Qwest and others) use D/C to power
their telecommunications gear.

While this outage is happening, we have lost 1/2 of our Internet
connectivity, all DSL service, and all T1 connected customers.

The Qwest MOE (metro optical ethernet) service is unaffected, as well
as power and connectivity to the data-center itself.

I will send another message when I know more.

Support can be reached Monday thru Friday from 8:00am until 8:00pm,
Saturdays from 11:00am until 4:00pm via phone at 612-337-6340, or via
email at [log in to unmask]

--
Mike Horwath                                    [log in to unmask]
                         ipHouse - Welcome home!