On Mon, Nov 09, 2009 at 11:01:50AM -0600, Matthew Dixon Cowles wrote:
> Unfortunately, I suspect that those two are related. My
> understanding is that AT&T estimated the amount of data that people
> would want to use based on its experience with earlier
> smartphones. But iPhones are pleasant and easy to use. So people use
> a good deal more data.

Well, the 3G(S) additional $10 makes no sense.

Might just be me, but I looked over my previous bills from my 1st Gen
to my 3 GS - data is very much the same at ~70MB/month.

Wish I had my old T-Mobile bills around, love to see what my HTC
Wizard running WinMo was like...

> I was at a dinner party last night and it wasn't at all a geeky one.
> Of the ten or so people there, at least half had iPhones. And in the
> course of the lively and non-geeky conversation, iPhones were often
> being handed around to show photos and web pages that were related
> to what was being talked about.

Yah, the geek virus is jumping species it seems...

> I expect that AT&T is busy upgrading its network. It could sure
> stand to do that a bit faster, but I think that other places have it
> worse.

Speed isn't an issue to me.

Just hate that if I am out and about and need to do something in an
emergency I either need to cary around my HTC Wizard and move the SIM
card so I can power up the MBP for the work, or deal with some of the
issues of iPhone + iSSH or Wyse (RDP) applications.

--
Mike Horwath      ipHouse - Welcome home!       [log in to unmask]
        The universe is an island, surrounded by whatever it is