On Nov 12, 2009, at 10:30 AM, Kristofer Pettijohn wrote:

>> Personally:  Fusion
>>
>> Parallels boots faster, but everything runs better in Fusion.
>> Everything.
>>
>> http://www.geekandi.com/2008/12/29/vmware-fusion-2x-vs-parallels-desktop-40-my-thoughts/
>>
>> http://www.geekandi.com/2009/01/16/vmware-fusion-vs-parallels-windows-server-2008-install/
>>
>> go me.
>>
>> Fusion rules cause I use a ton of VMware vSphere stuff now'days, I can
>> prototype via Fusion and move it on over easily and quickly.
>>
>> I give Fusion 3 thumbs up (as my 4 year old says).
>
> Is that one Mac only?  Looks like its about the same price as Parallels, too.  ~ $80.

Same price.  VMware and Parallels seem to take turns running specials, but not frequently.  I had (have) Parallels on my laptop so I waited around for a good price to get Fusion too.  Now they want me to pay for an upgrade and, cheap as I am, I probably will soon.

It is not so much Mac only as VMware just decided to give a different name to their Mac workstation virtualization product.  VMware Workstation 7 is their latest for Windows.  It fills about the same niche.

--
Ben Tucker  -  [log in to unmask]
Managed Hosting Administrator