what do you like?

We have been using NAGIOS v1 forever, and our old system can't support
going to a higher revision.

I am also working on the assmption I can use SNMP for everything, I
really want to skip the additional load of NRPE + nagios-plugins on
every host.

Back to question one:  what do you like?

I am beating on OpenNMS right now, very large package and requires a
fair bit of resources (which I have available thankfully).

I am beaing on, and not liking, Zenoss Community.  I have a query into
them for their enterprise version to see if it is a better solution.

I need to be able to monitor for normal things:

	ICMP of a server - simple, easy, effective.
	Port monitoring - like HTTP or SSH.
	Disk utilization including thresholding for alerts.
	General geeky graphing of whatever.

--
Mike Horwath      ipHouse - Welcome home!       [log in to unmask]
        The universe is an island, surrounded by whatever it is