> Doesn't do disk monitoring for shit on anything that isn't NET-SNMP or
> Linux.
>
> From Solaris, nada, zip.

Solaris 10 monitoring is working fine here, on over 700 servers at least.  For
filesystem, process monitoring, and port monitoring.

> From FreeBSD, nada, zip.

Haven't tried, but I will.

> Windows?  Haha

Windows 2003 is working by polling data from SNMP and/or WMI

> when alerting happens, it doens't do anything but make a red colored
> rounded corner box.  Yes, could be my virgin usage of it, but I can't
> figure out how to set up any type of notification.

There are a few ways for going about this.  Look for the "Alerting Rules"
tab in the User preferences.  You'll create an alerting rule for each kind
of alert you want, and additional rules if you want escalations.  You can
make this as short/simple/easy as you want, or as complex as you want.

I agree that the built in NetApp support isn't that thrilling, but
we put in some good workaround even without using ZenPacks.  I want
to re-visit the ZenPack idea though.  I'll have to respond with more
detail on this later when I have more time, which I can do outside of
this thread (if you are even interested).

-Kris