Matt:

Those subscribers did not have a business account and there agreement states the rules about the service. They had home subscriber accounts which do not allow web and mail servers. For a few dollars more and a business account those ports are open and are never blocked. So in truth the "game playing" was all done by the subscriber and not Comcast.

For no particular reason I always like to clear up that misunderstanding whenever I come across it, which is quite often.

Dennis

At 05:39 PM 1/7/2010, you wrote:
[me]
> I don't trust Qwest not to play games the way Comcast does.

[Dennis R. Abel]
> Please explain. What exactly is play games? Examples. Your
> experiences?

I don't have any personal experiences because I haven't ever had a
Comcast account. But if you Google:

    comcast port 25

and:

    comcast rst

and:

    comcast secret limit

you'll see what I'm basing my opinions on. In all likelihood, I
wouldn't be at all affected by any of that. But I want an ISP that
will deliver my data, not block or alter it. And that enforces only
rules they tell you about.

Regards,
Matt