On Thu, Jan 07, 2010 at 05:39:54PM -0600, Matthew Dixon Cowles wrote:
> I don't have any personal experiences because I haven't ever had a
> Comcast account. But if you Google:
>
>     comcast port 25
>
> and:
>
>     comcast rst
>
> and:
>
>     comcast secret limit
>
> you'll see what I'm basing my opinions on. In all likelihood, I
> wouldn't be at all affected by any of that. But I want an ISP that
> will deliver my data, not block or alter it. And that enforces only
> rules they tell you about.

Those things are real.

I have seen #1 myself (comcast at home, I don't live in Qwest
territories), easy to bypass with 587 (submission) - which clients
should use anyway I feel.

#2 hasn't happened (I don't torrent very often)

#3 I blogged about:

   http://blogs.iphouse.net/mike/2008/08/comcast-implements-bandwidth-cap-network-still-sucks/

go me - I wasn't first, but I had me some opinions to post about.

I see regular outages on Comcast in the late night timeframe, between
midnightish to 1:30amish.

So much so, I decided to try out their new 30M/5M service over DOCSIS3
service - and guess what?

Same outage pattern...but uploading seems to be 10Mbps instead of the
5Mbps I am supposed to get.  Nice for work!

--
Mike Horwath      ipHouse - Welcome home!       [log in to unmask]
        The universe is an island, surrounded by whatever it is