On Mon, Jan 25, 2010 at 12:24:04AM -0600, Mike Horwath wrote:
> So, here I was looking to see if PINE had gotten any better.
>
> No issues - PINE is not available under FreeBSD anymore via ports - so
> no PINE!  EVER AGAIN!
>
> I win!
>
> (though there is this new thing called alpine that looks like some
> kind of replacement thing - no clue)

 In 2006, the University of Washington announced that it
stopped development of Pine with Pine 4.64, although Pine continues to
be supported.  In its place is a new family of email tools based upon
Pine, called Alpine and licensed under the Apache License, version 2.
November 29, 2006 saw the first public alpha release, which forms a
new approach since the alpha test of Pine was always non-public.

Not quite so new Mike..
And alpine has maildir patch option in FreeBSD ports.  :)

          -- ipHouse/Goldengate/Bitstream/ProNS --