Well, now that you've turned over that rock....

I occasionally use the shell server, but only occasionally because I have my own FreeBSD box at home that I do all my mail/web/etc fun on. Usually use your shell server in case something at home breaks and need to troubleshoot (which has been very valuable for that).

The new set up that you propose seems good. Only web related thing that I'd use is lynx.

   Greg