TECH-DISCUSS automatic digest system wrote:

> Date:    Wed, 10 Feb 2010 02:57:03 -0600
> From:    Mike Horwath <[log in to unmask]>
> Subject: VMware - anyone else love it?
>
> I find myself, now a year into having my VCP, still totally in love
> with what VMware can do.
>
> Absolutely addicting!
>
> Just wanna know if there are others out there who have drunk the
> koolaid - worried that I am alone!

We used VMWare on my last project before I retired last year. I only
recently found out that the "player" is free and that even with that you
can roll your own "appliances."

I downloaded a pre-built "appliance" for Ubuntu 9.10, and then made my
own for KUbuntu 9.10 from a downloaded installation DVD.

It certainly beats multi-booting.

--
Bert Hyman	St. Paul, MN	[log in to unmask]