MySQL database server that handles our customers websites, and even
our website, decided it was time to take a break and no longer answer
queries.

I know that sounds ... silly but it is the best layman explanation I
have.

Technically, the mysqld process was running but was stuck in a loop
somewhere using up a bunch of CPU but was no longer returning results
from queries, though it was accepting connections still.

The MySQL daemon was restarted and everything is running normal again.

From outage to restoration was under 5 minutes (way too much
monitoring going on).

Sorry for the trouble, I am looking through logs to see if there is
anything that will help me figure out what happened.

Support can be reached Monday thru Friday from 8:00am until 8:00pm via
phone at 612-337-6340, or via email at [log in to unmask]

--
Mike Horwath      ipHouse - Welcome home!       [log in to unmask]
        The universe is an island, surrounded by whatever it is