One of our routers is rebooting spontaneously, though we can not find
any hardware faults.

This happened multiple times this morning:

     7:03am
     8:51am

The router reboots quickly but the network impact is longer as the
external routing protocols need to reconverge, first when the router
goes offline, then again when it comes back online.

These outages are unacceptable!

This router is getting emergency maintenance right now, BGP (the
external routing protocol) is being shutdown.

Doug is going to upgrade the operating system on this router while
traffic is not running.  This is being done as it is the quickest way
to determine if this is a software problem vs hardware.

One of us will send out more information later today.

Support can be reached Monday thru Friday from 8:00am until 8:00pm via
phone at 612-337-6340, or via email at [log in to unmask]

--
Mike Horwath      ipHouse - Welcome home!       [log in to unmask]
        The universe is an island, surrounded by whatever it is