There is a bug that can be triggerd in AMD processors from a FreeBSD
kernel based system.

Tonight I triggered that bug and brought down one of our VMware ESX
hosts.

All VMs are back online, customers with Enterprise VM hosting were
automatically restarted on other hosts in the cluster, customers
without were manually brought back online by me.

Total outage time was approximately 10-12 mintues.

I don't have a good resolution at this time to make sure this doesn't
happen again barring an addtional VMware ESX cluster based on Intel
hardware (which is already in the works anyway).

I apologize for the service interruption.

Support can be reached Monday thru Friday from 8:00am until 8:00pm via
phone at 612-337-6340, or via email at [log in to unmask]

--
Mike Horwath      ipHouse - Welcome home!       [log in to unmask]
        The universe is an island, surrounded by whatever it is