Update! Still importing this volume. (sorry, not much of an update,
but I do have some new information that is helpful for me in the
future).

One of the things I had turned on a long time ago was deduplication.

This was to save some disk space and disk I/O (data only referenced in
one place, etc).

While still researching the very long import process - I found multiple
comments about how deduplication means that the volume will take a LOT
longer to import as it needs to load the deduplication table (DDT).

So what helps disk I/O and saves some disk storage is actually causing
the very long import time :(

Once the volume is back online, I'll remove the setting for
deduplication so that going forward we don't need to deal with this
*as much*.

When I say 'as much', I mean that the data that is already
deduplicated will continue to be deduplicated and I'll need to migrate
the VMware virtual disks from this volume onto another and back to
remove the deduplicated blocks.  This will take a while to do and will
be done overnight and on weekends until complete.

Until that happens, though, I am watching for the import to complete so
I can bring all of the VMware supported serices back online.

(and before something thinks...why doesn't he just force the import
and work from there - that is where it is at now and doesn't change
the fact of what is going on at this time - it is going to be a bit
still)

At this time I do *not* have an ETA.

Support can be reached Monday thru Friday from 8:00am until 8:00pm via
phone at 612-337-6340, or via email at [log in to unmask]

--
Mike Horwath      ipHouse - Welcome home!       [log in to unmask]
        The universe is an island, surrounded by whatever it is