I have resorted to doing a full power cycle on the servers and disk
enclosures for the NFS servers for our VMware network.

One volume is back online and functioning

The other volume is still in the process of importing (it has a lot of
data and is taking a very long time).

The rest of this message is more technical.

Error that occured that caused the initial problems:

Feb 15 11:18:06 nas-1 rpcmod: [ID 851375 kern.warning] WARNING: svc_cots_kdup no slots free

Searching - I found the following thread:

http://opensolaris.org/jive/thread.jspa?threadID=10090

returning the hint I needed:

	  This is an error from the NFS server when it attempts to
	  place a request into the duplicate request cache and finds
	  that all of the ones in the duplicate request table are "in
	  progress".

	  The maximum for the duplicate request cache is 1024.

	  The most effective way to increase the value is /etc/system
	  and the variable would be: rpcmod:cotsmaxdupreqs

Our /etc/system settings were already at 4096, so our default cache
was already 4x the default.

http://opensolaris.org/jive/thread.jspa?messageID=503149 is a user
reporting the problem as well though without any respnoses
unfortunately.

This looks like something that does happen using OpenSolaris, but the
only solution have found has been to increase the size of the cache
(which had already been done).

Support can be reached Monday thru Friday from 8:00am until 8:00pm via
phone at 612-337-6340, or via email at [log in to unmask]

--
Mike Horwath      ipHouse - Welcome home!       [log in to unmask]
        The universe is an island, surrounded by whatever it is