Moving the last 2 virtual machines from the volume that has been
causing so many headaches lately.

Since the last set of changes on Thursday (removal of all solid state
disks from the SAS chain), performance and reliability have been what
I would expect.

Removal of the SSDs will remove a performance benefit but overall I
don't think will change the overall performance of the storage
platform.  The SSDs were used for offloading writes onto very fast,
high I/O storage before putting the data onto permanent storage (the
spinning disks).  While watching the storage over the last 3 weeks I
have noticed our read to write ratio reaching over 90%.  These
observations where made during periods when I was *not* moving virtual
machines off of the storage and should be typical observations for
production usage.  With that in mind, the removal of the extra
optimization for write performance should have negligible impact.

Next step is to finish the movement of data from volume02 (the
unaffected volume).  This is to allow us to take the storage cluster
out of service and go through all of the parts piece by piece to
verify everything before moving production service back.

Once the data is removed from volume02, it will probably take Doug and
I a couple of business days to go through and verify all of the
different hardware pieces and remeditate any problem areas if found.
Then we'll get it all back into the rack and I'll start the software
install again.

Support can be reached Monday thru Friday from 8:00am until 8:00pm via
phone at 612-337-6340, or via email at [log in to unmask]

--
Mike Horwath      ipHouse - Welcome home!       [log in to unmask]
        The universe is an island, surrounded by whatever it is