On Apr 18, 2011, at 8:37 AM, Anthony Anderberg wrote:

>> How close are we to having an aggregate graph ready?
>
> Mike and I kind of got lost in the weeds of creating
> a weathermap-style view, I spent a few cycles on it
> this weekend though - I'm optimistic we'll have something
> together in the next couple weeks, esp since everyone
> is looking.  :-)

If you haven't already taken a look, I'd strongly recommend the "aggregate" plugin for Cacti. I think I mentioned this here a while back too.

That way:

- data is only being collected once
- there is no worry about trying to preserve historical data between two systems (everything is in Cacti already from the inception of the exchange)
- only one system to maintain

There is also a weathermap plugin for cacti, that makes creating a MadIX style weathermap very simply, using the same data.

Also, just curious, what is the resolution of the current graphs? Every 1 min? Or longer? How long is the data being retained?
It might be good to make some tweaks, so a decent resolution of the data beyond the Cacti defaults is retained.