ONLY Akamai, right?

Nothing else?

If so, I'd give transit over my three uplinks.  Source bandwidth on our small cluster isn't an issue.

But if this is a larger cluster, then sharing with others would be a bg win. I'm all for giving to the community that is MICE, but I can't give away the farm. (notice I said larger, not large)

May need some ARIN love for a network so we can all advertise a consistent block, or we all need to have separate destinations already announced to the greater 'net.

Option two would be a little more work but has the greatest benefit in that each MICE peer can give a /?? to the Akamai cluster, and whatever router is there is a NAT system mapping all provided addresses to the backbends Akamai cluster. Yes, a little hackery but I like how it sounds in my head.

I also just got up, so maybe I'm still sleep dumb.

--
Mike Horwath via iPad 2, electric boogaloo!