On Wed, May 11, 2011 at 9:16 PM, Justin Krejci <[log in to unmask]> wrote:
> Yes, both are at 511 already. I am sure Mike at FWR has contacts for most if
> not all companies in the building. I don't mind approaching the contacts I
> have already but would be more in a suggestive role than as an invitational
> capacity as I don't quite feel I have, as a not-yet-connected participant,
> jurisdiction to invite on behalf of MICE or to be able to highlight specific
> benefits of MICE that they would find appealing. Though I suppose they
> likely already have their own corporate peering policies defined. A quick
> check on PeeringDB does not look good for the chances of either joining up
> to a public exchange. I know Comcast makes a good deal off bilateral peering
> arrangements; access to their nearly captive audience is worth a fair amount
> to them I know, from first hand experience.

Comcast requires at least 4 locations of interconnect across the US.
There are a couple of MICE members that likely meet their criteria.
They don't list Minneapolis as an option. If someone has a "real"
contact at Comcast please feel free to introduce MICE to them.

http://www.comcast.com/peering/

Qwest is more Tier 1ish, but worth approaching so at least they are
aware there is an option in Minneapolis.

Everyone, feel free to market the exchange. New members benefit everyone.

Jay