The traffic to/from the U shot up today.  I'm guessing that is CDN related?

The link between the CNS switch and the MICE switch shot up to ~850Mbps
today.  Too bad that is only a single gig connection!

It is great to have the traffic on the exchange, but we should probably
deal with this nearly saturated link fast.  Here are a few possible
solutions:

1)  Add another Gig connection.  We'd probably need to pay FWR for a
cross-connect (CNS is paying for the first one) with this option;

2)  Use one of the new Juniper switches with a 10Gig interface and
connect that to a 10Gig interface on the existing MICE 10Gig switch,
then move some of the 1Gig members over to those ports.  This would
require purchase of 10Gig optics for the Juniper and the existing 10Gig
MICE switch;

3)  Move some of the higher bandwidth MICE members to the 1Gig ports on
the 10Gig switch.   Would this increase the FWR cross-connect charges
for those members if they are going from copper to fiber?

4)  Encourage MICE members on the 1Gig switch to upgrade to a 10Gig
connection;

5)  Ask the U to not advertise some of the members on the 1Gig switch to
CDNs (if that is the cause of the traffic load).  This is a bummer if
you are one of the networks that gets left out.  I really don't like
this option -- we are finally getting real traffic on the exchange and
then we'd be cutting back.

What does everybody think?  Any other suggestions?