On Fri, 2011-05-13 at 15:11 +0000, Mike Horwath wrote:
> On 5/12/11 6:57 PM, "Justin Krejci" <[log in to unmask]> wrote:
>
> >As I understand it there is currently no public looking glass or route
> >server for MICE users or the public in general. Any interest in setting
> >something up? I could donate a server or some time to the cause. They are
> >quite useful in troubleshooting routing issues or network changes.
>
> You are correct, there isn't.
>
> This could easily run on the system that handles the statistics easily
> enough, just I have no idea how I would tie bird into a LG setup.

Looks like using its CLI will not be immediately compatible with most
(all?) LG tools out there which are seemingly mostly geared around
Cisco, Juniper, and Zebra/Quagga systems it seems. Unless someone knows
of a really great and flexible LG app.

Perhaps a small C/J router could peer up with the two servers to suck in
the routes and be used as the LG source and as a publicly telnet
accessible route server as well.
ALso OpenBSD has a good bgp daemon with their own bgplg toools (web and
cli) included.
http://www.openbsd.org/cgi-bin/man.cgi?query=bgp&sektion=0&manpath=OpenBSD+Current&arch=amd64&apropos=1&format=html