Are Comcast and CenturyLink/Qwest at 511 already?  If so, I’m sure MICE members would have some contacts…

Frank

From: MICE Discuss [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of Justin Krejci
Sent: Wednesday, May 11, 2011 7:44 PM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: [MICE-DISCUSS] Recruitment / Advertising to MICE

Hello List,

US Internet is in the process of getting connected to the network. In fact I plan to pop down to FWR this evening still and plug in the cross connect on my way home.

In any case I only became aware of MICE thru unrelated discussions with WIN who mentioned it to me and passed me Jay's contact info which brings me to the subject at hand, is there any effort or interest in making a more official recruitment effort to get networks and providers to join up? I realize MICE is still pretty new and fresh but it strikes me it is only as useful as the networks that are participating. I think it would be great if we got Comcast and Qwest (CenturyLink, whatever) in particular to join up as they have big local networks in town.

I also scanned some of the archives and was interested in the whole CDN participation idea. Any news on that at all with Akamai or others for that matter? Also are there any plans on the table for future UG meetings for MICE?

-Justin Krejci