Meant to send this out earlier this week, apologies for the short
notice.

This should not be service impacting.  I'll be starting on the standby
unit first, bringing it up to date on the code base, then doing reload
and refresh of the configuration.  I'll then do a manual fail-over
from the active unit to the standby unit and verify everything.

Once I am confident that everything is working working as configured,
I'll update the normally active unit to the same code base, update the
configuration then refresh it by re-syncing from the normally-standby
unit.  I'll then issue another manual fail-over so that things are
back to normal on which unit is active and which is standby, and do
one more round of verification.

These updates to our load balancers are required to continue the
configuration for full IPv6 networking within the ipHouse network.

Most of our services are already IPv6 enabled and operational.  Our
website, mail services, monitoring systems are already configured and
answering on IPv6 addresses.  Even the services handled by our load
balancers are already working on IPv6, but...

The one area that requires work is why this update is being done:

    outbound connections from the servers behind the load balancers
    are not able to make IPv6 connections.  This needs to be resolved
    to be fully IPv6 capable.

This update, plus some further configuration for IPv6 on the inside of
the load balancing network should complete this part of the project.

Support can be reached Monday thru Friday from 8:00am until 8:00pm via
phone at 612-337-6340, or via email at [log in to unmask]

--
Mike Horwath      ipHouse - Welcome home!       [log in to unmask]
        The universe is an island, surrounded by whatever it is