On 09/20/2011 02:51 PM, Justin Krejci wrote:
>> What is/was the original intention of the remote switches in the first
>> place if not for extending the reach of the MICE network? Getting people
>> onto the main/core switch is most preferably for flat simplicity... KISS
>> IMO

For the CNS switch, it was a requirement for the donation.  CNS provides
free use of the MICE 10Gig switch and power, provided that the switch
stays in CNS space.  CNS also pays for one cross-connect that was
originally intended to connect the MICE switch to the main switch.  I
think that FWR donated the cross connect from CNS to the main switch
(thanks Mike!) and CNS pays for the cross connect to the GigaPOP
instead.  (?)

I can't recall how the Mankato Networks switch originally came online,
but it was part of the plan from the beginning.  Perhaps Jay can refresh
our memory.  I do like that it is there because it gives an option for
people that might not otherwise be able to justify the cost of a cross
connect to get connected to MICE.