As for a MICE looking glass, what about doing something similar to what AT&T did.  They took a Cisco Router, and peered it with their production routers.  They set up the router with a read only login that is listed in the banner when you telnet to it.  For security purposes you could set BIRD to never accept any routes from the "Looking Glass" router in the event that it somehow did get compromised.  The AT&T looking glass can be viewed by telneting to route-server.ip.att.net  I know the MICE rack is tight on space, however when the Cisco switch comes out, there would be plenty of room for a "Looking Glass Router" and since the MICE routing table is far smaller than the full Internet routing table, you would not need a whole lot of RAM in the router (256 meg should do the trick for a while).  I would be willing to donate a used Cisco router if the MICE members were interested.  Someone would need to supply the bandwidth to get to the "Looking Glass Router", however with only telnet access, I do not see any significant bandwidth consumption.

Jeremy Lumby
Minnesota VoIP
9217 17th Ave S
Suite 216