First, update to vSphere vCenter 5 did not go well Tuesday night and I
ended up restoring from a backup of the database and reinstalling
again.

Today, vCenter 5 had another problem so I uninstalled it completely,
reinstalled and got it back online.  This process took about 2 1/2
hours.  While I was doing this work, vconsole.iphouse.com was not
available.  This was between 11:30am and 2:00pm.

Second, we have a disk going bad in the storage for the virtual
services in production today.  I initiated a manual failover onto a
hot spare.  This is causing increased latency for read and write
operations.  This should be completed in the next 90-120 minutes.

At no time today have we seen any outages of any of our physical
infrastructure and we haven't seen or heard of any issues with virtual
machines excepting the higher latency of one volume while a mirrored
disk is repalced.

I expect the disk replacement to be finished by 4:00pm.

Support can be reached Monday thru Friday from 8:00am until 8:00pm via
phone at 612-337-6340, or via email at [log in to unmask]

--
Mike Horwath      ipHouse - Welcome home!       [log in to unmask]
        The universe is an island, surrounded by whatever it is