On Thu, Oct 27, 2011 at 01:49:36PM -0500, Hannigan, Martin wrote:
> It's not offline. Our NOC inadvertently shut it off after I had
> asked them to simply place a cap on the amount of capacity it would
> push. That was fixed this morning. I would've seen it sooner myself,
> but I'm in Senegal at the moment.

So this had nothing to do with USI then?

I am still pretty confused.

I have 2 reasons right now for outage:

  USI has a proposal into Akamai regarding

  Akamai inadvertently shut it off after a cap was put into place

but neither is really giving me an answer.

Is the problem that USI donated bandwdith and some cap was exceeded
for feeding the Akamai cluster?

    If that's the case, what is the cap?

    Can the load be shared amongst some/all providers for the benefit
    of the exchange point?

Is the problem that Akamai exceeded an internal cap for feeding into
MICE's network and it needed to be adjusted?

    If that's the case, what was the cap?  What is it now?

    Is there anything others can do to help alleviate this in the
    future?

--
Mike Horwath      ipHouse - Welcome home!       [log in to unmask]
        The universe is an island, surrounded by whatever it is