On Mon, Oct 10, 2011 at 09:44:20PM -0500, Frank Bulk wrote:
> There's no DNS resolution set up on that router -- is that a BCP, or something that can be added?

I don't think DNS lookups are too much a security risk. I thought I
had them on.

This particular platform seems to default to 'no ip domain-lookup' whereas
most of the platforms I config default to it being enabled.
Such is the oddness of Cisco sometimes.

There are some other things taken out on purpose. Some hard limits
put in place, and a bit of protection. But not super restricted on all the
weird and numerous commands that cisco routers have by default at that
privilege level.

If you find anything egregarious, let me know and I'll config it out.
But I'm not too worried about perhaps some weird LAT connect attempts
out to somewhere (since its not a routable protocol.. :)

          -- ipHouse/Goldengate/Bitstream/ProNS --