More or less, yes depending on how much bandwidth demand actually increases. That said I think we should just wait for a bit and see what the demand looks like over the next week. I've been upgrading all of USI's transit links to 10 gig links (almost done) and so we will have some excess capacity for a while, that coupled with the UMN contributing to bandwidth should be enough to keep things going for now without further issue for a while.

From: Mike Wilker <[log in to unmask]>
Sender: MICE Discuss <[log in to unmask]>
Date: Sun, 30 Oct 2011 11:48:54 -0500
To: <[log in to unmask]>
ReplyTo: MICE Discuss <[log in to unmask]>
Subject: Re: [MICE-DISCUSS] FYI: Hurricane Electric changed to 10Gig

So if that is the case, a carrier can"t commit to just 100Mbps because they'd have to expect traffic levels to increase somewhat equally accross all contributing carriers and the only way it would stay lower would be if more carriers started contributing, correct?

Mike Wilker
Chief Technical Officer
Jaguar Communications
507-214-0259