Is there some sort of board or hierarchy within MICE now?  Perhaps running it with a board elected by members (annual membership dues??) who can then 'take ownership' for their term of some things.  This would help alleviate burn-out of contributing members, and encourage folks to participate and have a somewhat 'static' role in the organization.

Having a board would also allow for positions such as Treasurer, VP, and President who could help steer things in an organized way.  What's been going on thus far has worked, but it seems apparent MICE is growing and beginning to have some growing pains, even if only in terms of donated time/resources running out.  Having a treasurer that can report on current expenses, upcoming expenses, and account balances would also help keep tabs on resources.

As Richard suggested, labor could always expect to be donated.  Other associations I'm a member of operate in a similar manner and have proved successful.  The hardest part in the long-run is getting people to participate.  Maybe annual membership dues and a rotating list of donated time.  (Company X and company Y installed the switches, next on the list is company Z.)

Just my 2¢.
---
Eric F Crist
System Administrator