At 05:03 PM 10/18/2011, you wrote:
>This weekend while diligently avoiding my wife's
>"honey-do list" I wrote a script to parse stats
>via telnet from Jeremy and Doug's excellent new
>looking glass.  I didn't see any commands that
>would give the number of MICE peers, so that
>number is actually the number of gateways in the
>routing tables… and of course the total number
>of connected addresses is just for fun.  If
>anyone sees other numbers worth graphing let me
>know.   I also spent a little time on the
>Weathermap, same username and password as before:
>http://micelg.usinternet.com/cacti/
>
>Hopefully you'll all be more impressed than my wife was…

Nice work.  My wife isn't impressed either, but I
can impress my kids with graphs!

One thing you could add would be this BGP
Monitoring template - it baselines the # of
prefixes for each BGP neighbor and then has
additional lines for inbound/outbound updates.

BGP Monitor - this one worked for me
         http://forums.cacti.net/viewtopic.php?f=12&t=36770&start=30

BGP - "broken" version - I couldn't get this one
to work right, but you can see what it does
         http://crunchtools.com/software/crunchtools/cacti/grpah-bgp-neighbors/

Here's an example of the graphs produced from the
BGP sessions on our MICE router:

http://www.elizabethandjames.com/temp/AS53679-bgp-monitor.png

http://www.elizabethandjames.com/temp/AS6939-bgp-monitor.png

-James