On Thu, 2011-10-20 at 02:15 -0500, Mike Horwath wrote:
> Err First Last  Address
> --- ----- ----- -------
>   2 10/18 10/19 Richard Laager <[log in to unmask]>
>                 Last error: 5.7.1 554 5.7.1 SMTP AUTH is required for
>                             [log in to unmask] Contact [log in to unmask] for
>                             assistance. (p9K0IjAI005904)
>
> I have been in contact with this person before in the past.

I believe I've fixed it. Of course, I said that last time. I'll know for
sure if I get a copy of this message. If I don't, I'll look into this
some more.

As I mentioned off-list before: While I agree that my mail server was
broken, it would not have been a problem if your listserv software
wasn't munging messages.

And while the From: munging isn't too bad, the Reply-To: munging is
really annoying. See the following for reasons why:
http://woozle.org/~neale/papers/reply-to-still-harmful.html

> I am going to let LISTSERV do what it thinks is best - which will be
> to bounce the user from the list after 10 days of failures.

The bug in question resulted in my own messages bouncing when the
listserv software tried to send them to me.

I've sent 4 messages to mice-discuss in the last* 10 days, not counting
this one. By my quick count, there have been about 58 messages
(including mine) sent to the list in the same time. If 4 bounces,
especially out of 58 messages, is enough for your software to
unsubscribe me from the list, it's broken as well.

Richard

* Yes, I'm aware you're talking about a 10 day window that's at least
partially in the future. I'm looking backwards only so that I can
provide hard numbers.