On 7/5/12 19:57 CDT, Frank Bulk wrote:
> Yes, we are an INS customer.  I've never seen MLB content stream from the Akamai cluster at INS, but then again, we've not monitored this on an ongoing basis.  I described the issue to INS and asked them to ask Akamai, but they weren't willing to do so, saying that it was up to Akamai how run their business and it was none of their business.

Well, not exactly, if INS is hosting servers for Akamai then they are
not completely out of the loop.  If Akamai hasn't upgraded INS' server
lately, it might not hurt for them to request an upgrade.  Like I said
Akamai is usually happy to do so if usage warrants it, but sometimes you
have to ask.

>I don't disagree that it's Akamai's caches and business, but my concern was about my customers' streaming performance and my question is if Akamai possibly overlooked streaming this content more locally to AS5056.  Hence my more generic question to MICE.
>
> I don't know the age or the size of the Akamai cluster at INS.  But it sounds like the consensus is that I shouldn't be surprised if video streaming-related content isn't streamed by Akamai cluster our customers normally use.

Yep, I wouldn't be surprised, especially if INS hasn't had their servers
upgraded lately.

> Thanks,
>
> Frank
>
> P.S. we weren't willing to test on our dime, either, but our customer was kind enough to share his credentials.  I was hoping the issue was just his subnet or some DNS settings he had on his device or router that directed him to the wrong Akamai cluster, but that wasn't the case because all our testing showed the same two /24's.

David Farmer               Email:[log in to unmask]
Networking & Telecommunication Services
Office of Information Technology
University of Minnesota
2218 University Ave SE	    Phone: 612-626-0815
Minneapolis, MN 55414-3029   Cell: 612-812-9952