Those look like they could be Akamai clusters on big providers networks.
  How big are the local Akamai clusters? How old?  Smaller and older
clusters don't support all content especially video streaming.  We had
to go to 10G before we got a cluster that supported video streaming, and
its only about 3 years old at most.  Even then there is content that is
only supported by Akamai operated clusters like at the MICE exchange.
I'm not exactly sure where MLB.com fits, when I go there most of it
comes from our local cluster.  But, I'm not going to subscribe just the
verify that the live game content comes from the local cluster too, sorry.

Also, its possible that your local clusters are topped out or disabled
for some reason, Akamai is good about shedding load when a cluster is
overloaded.  The two clusters you talk about both seem to be located in
Chicago, so there are probably reasonable clusters to serve you.  Akamai
is pretty good about that usually, and if there is a problem they
usually find and fix it fairly quickly.

If your question is why aren't you being served from the local cluster,
I would ask when they were last upgraded, and see if they need to be
upgraded, Akamai is usually happy to do so.

On 7/5/12 16:50 CDT, Frank Bulk wrote:
> Sure, I'm seeing it from:
> 	63.236.253.24
> 	63.236.253.50
> 	63.236.253.58
> 	63.236.253.83
> 	90.84.52.87
> 	90.84.52.103
> 	90.84.52.148
> but it should be coming from 66.43.208.64/26 or 167.142.232.128/26.
>
> Frank

David Farmer               Email:[log in to unmask]
Networking & Telecommunication Services
Office of Information Technology
University of Minnesota
2218 University Ave SE	    Phone: 612-626-0815
Minneapolis, MN 55414-3029   Cell: 612-812-9952