On Thu, Jul 12, 2012 at 09:27:42PM -0500, Doug McIntyre wrote:
> We are under a DDoS attack of large scale right now, we're getting
> just under 1Gbps of extra traffic thrown our way, filling up our
> extra (ie. above normal) upstream bandwidth capacity.

We had identified the customer being attacked soon after the first
message, but it took a bit to get ahold of our upstream providers in
order to get the blackhole routes inplace for the network being attacked.

At its peak, the DDoS attack grew to be over 1.3Gbps of excess traffic
being thrown against one customer.

This would have resulted in dropped packets and slow throughput for
most services on our network.

The blackhole will remain in place until the attack is done. With
the blackholes in place, everything should be back to normal for
everything except for the one customer under attack.

If you are seeing any issues, please get a hold of our NOC department
at [log in to unmask]

Thank you.

          -- ipHouse/Goldengate/Bitstream/ProNS --