On Tue, Aug 21, 2012 at 3:46 PM, Mike Bushard, Jr
<[log in to unmask]> wrote:
> I typically would agree Owen, but in this case it may make sense. Everyone
> will be down already, and we won't have multiple outages to the entire
> exchange for IP changes. There will be a considerable amount of work if
> everyone changes addressing on different schedules. I think just saying
> that on day x we are on the long term strategy will save time in this
> case. Our topology is pretty basic today so I think the rick would be
> minimal at this time.

The time frame is pretty tight for everyone to coordinate bilateral
changes. Esp for the bigger folks.

What about enabling the new IP addresses on the existing topology and
moving one of the route servers to the new block. Then setting a flag
date to remove the existing IP addresses 2 months out.

Jay